NITA IT INDUSTRY FORUM
15 APRIL, 2019, ALISA HOTEL
WHAT IS IT INDUSTRY FORUM
Brief on the Forum Event hosted by NITA
The National Information Technology Agency (NITA) in pursuant of its mandate to regulate the provision of Information Communications Technology, ensure the provision of quality Information Communication Technology services and promote standards of efficiency, intends to organise a Forum event.
The Electronic Transactions Act (772) section 88 (1) states: “there is hereby established an Industry Forum which shall be a platform to bring the Industry together from time to time discuss matters of common interest that relates to the Industry”.
This forum is to serve as a gathering for all stakeholders (including political leadership, public sector, private sector, development partners, academia and civil society) to deliberate on matters of common interest that relate to the industry.
The Key Objectives of the Forum:
- To create a platform for NITA to engage with Government CIOs and predominantly private partners to keep them abreast of the directions and plans of government and implementing with regards to ICT.
- To serve as a medium for NITA to disseminate information to the stakeholders and public concerning the progress of ICT initiatives and other issues.
- To engage Government CIOs, business executives and private sector on technology issues with respect to their needs.
- To have a stakeholder consultation on proposed regulations.
- In view of this being the first Forum organised by the agency, we seek to establish grounds for the private sector to set up associations to be recognised by NITA as mandated by law.
|1||Registration & Networking||08:30 AM - 09:15 AM||Alisa Hotel|
|2||Welcome & Introductions||Mr. Kwaku Kyei Ofori||09:00 AM||RIDGE ARENA|
|3||Keynote Address||HON. URSULA OWUSU–EKUFUL||09:50 – 10:20 AM||RIDGE ARENA|
|4||Updates on Changes and Re-engineering of NITA||Dr. Mohammed-Sani , Mr. David Gyewu||10:25 – 11:00 AM||RIDGE ARENA|
|5||Coffee Break & Networking||11:00 – 11:20 AM||RIDGE ARENA|
|6||Presentation on Government Digitisation Efforts: The role of Private Sector (15 mins for each speaker)||11:20 - 13:00 PM||RIDGE ARENA|
|7||Lunch & Networking||13:00 – 14:00 PM||RIDGE ARENA|
|8||Stakeholder Discussion (NITA Regulations, Inspection, Compliance)||Mr. David Gyewu||14:00 – 14:45 PM||RIDGE ARENA|
|9||Coffee Break & Networking||14:45 – 15:00 PM||RIDGE ARENA|
|10||Tech Business Forum (Various Industry Modelling Discuss Grouping into One Body)||15:00 – 16:20 PM||RIDGE ARENA|
|11||Wrap Up & Closing||Hon. Vincent Sowah Odotei||16:20– 16:30||RIDGE ARENA|
|1||PLUGIN DEVELOPMENT||Hon. Vincent Sowah Odotei||09:00 AM - 10:00 AM||ROOM C|
|2||JOOMLA BEST PRACTICES||Dr. Mohammed-Sani||10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||ROOM A|
|3||USING OF LESS||Hon. Vincent Sowah Odotei||11:00 AM - 12:00 PM||ROOM C|
|4||LUNCH BREAK||About the Forum||LUNCH BREAK||ROOM D|
|5||CSS BEST PRACTICES||02:00 PM - 03:00 PM||ROOM D|
|6||WHAT IS HELIX3?||About the Forum||03:00 PM - 04:00 PM||ROOM E|
|1||Wordpress DRAG & DROP||HON. URSULA OWUSU–EKUFUL||10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||ROOM C|
|2||INTRODUCTION TO SP PAGE BUILDER||Hon. Vincent Sowah Odotei||11:00 AM - 12:00 AM||ROOM A|
|3||CREATING JOOMLA PAGE||About the Forum||12:00 PM - 01:00 PM||ROOM B|
|4||LUNCH BREAK||01:00 PM - 02:00 PM||N/A|
|5||HOW TO TRANSLATE Worrdpress||About the Forum||02:00 PM - 03:00 PM||ROOM A|
|6||PACKAGING LANGUAGE PACK||Mr. Kwaku Kyei Ofori||03:00 PM - 04:00 PM||ROOM C|